Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Soldier...!

Second consecutive night - yes, I'm gonna keep track of that.

These sketches are related, so I had to post them together!

Again, shitty camera on a shitty phone affecting shitty blurriness, angle, lighting, etc. A photograph of an image done on paper too large to scan conveniently.
YEP!








The crest on this dude's head is supposed to resemble the horns on a hercules beetle. I was playing with a couple of different ideas for those horns in the first sketch. I ended up going with one that was more interesting in profile, which is better suited to the way I'll be using this character in the long run.

Funny (not so funny) story about this - when I did the line art for the colour test, I actually wanted to complete the image properly. Well, even though I didn't have all my markers with me, I decided to wing it and make due with what was available. The result was horrendous. And then I started using the wrong marker to colour his cape. So blahhh I decided to just use the image as a sketch and make notes for the finished version... which I'll do whenever the hell I feel like it. ^_^ I'm drawing more these days at least. And this week I'll have a lot of time to focus on programming too. So yeah, this is all working pretty well for me.

2 comments:

  1. Raawr!!! I'm buying you a scanner, the blurriness is upsetting to your pictures (one of the concept notes says: "Range of Wasms" to me haha)! Interesting looking, otherwise, love the sword design, I imagine me, being weak like a girl, would wield it horribly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Looking good! That's one epic sword o..o

    ReplyDelete